School Building Leader / School District Leader
HOW TO APPLY FOR CERTIFICATION ONLINE
*If you have not registered with TEACH Online Services, follow the instructions on how to register first.
APPLYING FOR A CERTIFICATE:
STEP 1: Verify/Update Profile
Verify/Update Profile will ask for your Education and Employment information. Enter all the information from a baccalaureate to present. Hunter College is an Approved New York Teacher Certification Programs.
- Award Title: “Advanced Certificate”
- ”28955 - SCHOOL BUILDING LEADERSHIP” and
- “28954 - SCHOOL DISTRICT LEADERSHIP”
Note: You will enter two separate programs under your Education Information.
- Enter all full-time, paid teaching experience (in both public and private schools).
STEP 2: Select Certificate(s)
Select your Certificate Title
- Select your Area of Interest: a & b) Administration and Pupil Personnel Services
- Select your Subject Area: a & b) School Administration and Supervision
- Select the Grade Level: a & b) Pre K-12 All Grades
- Select the Title: a) School Building Leader; b) School District Leader
- Select your Certificate Type: Initial or Professional
Note: Apply for an initial SBL certificate; after 3 years of administrative experience, you can apply for the professional SBL. Recommendation for SDL certification will not be given until you pass the SDL exam.
You must [Add] each certificate you want to apply for.
On the next page, enter the Program Code “28955” for School Building Leader and “28954” for School District Leader, then [Submit] and select the radio button and select [Next].
STEP 3: Sign Affidavit
Answer all *questions and click on [Sign Affidavit]. By signing this affidavit, you are confirming that the information you have provided is true and contains no misrepresentations.
STEP 4: Confirm and Sign Application
Make sure that you have completed the correct application and click on [Sign Application].
STEP 5: Make Payment
It is highly advised to pay by credit card. Credit card transactions are easier to track.
The next page will show “Application Transaction Summary”. This will help you keep track of what you need to do in order to obtain your certificate.
If you have applied for a certificate but have not yet graduated, the status of your certificate application will be “Not Ready for Review”. Once your graduation is posted, have met all the requirements and have institutional recommendation, your status will change to “Ready for Review” and NYSED will then review your application.
If have problems using TEACH, report them online directly to the TEACH Tech Support through their Web site at.