Advanced Preparation in Special Education
HOW TO APPLY FOR CERTIFICATION ONLINE
*If you have not registered with TEACH Online Services, follow the instructions on how to register first.
APPLYING FOR A CERTIFICATE:
STEP 1: Verify/Update Profile
Verify/Update Profile will ask for your Education and Employment information. Enter all the information from a baccalaureate to present. Hunter College is an Approved New York Teacher Certification Programs.
- Award Title: “Master of Science in Education”
Program Code:”31868 - SPEC ED:ADVANCED PRE IN LRNG DISABILS”
- Enter all full-time, paid teaching experience (in both public and private schools).
STEP 2: Select Certificate(s)
Select your Certificate Title
- Select your Area of Interest: Classroom Teacher
- Select your Subject Area: Students with Disabilities
- Select the Grade Level: Grades 1-6 [for Tracks 1 & 2]; Birth to Grade 2 [for Track 3]
- Select the Title: Students with Disabilities (Grades 1-6) [for Tracks 1 & 2]; Students with Disabilities (Birth to Grade 2) [for Track 3)
- Select your Certificate Type: Professional
You must [Add] each certificate you want to apply for.
On the next page, enter the Program Code “31868”, then [Submit] and select the radio button and select [Next].
STEP 3: Sign Affidavit
Answer all *questions and click on [Sign Affidavit]. By signing this affidavit, you are confirming that the information you have provided is true and contains no misrepresentations.
STEP 4: Confirm and Sign Application
Make sure that you have completed the correct application and click on [Sign Application].
STEP 5: Make Payment
It is highly advised to pay by credit card. Credit card transactions are easier to track.
The next page will show “Application Transaction Summary”. This will help you keep track of what you need to do in order to obtain your certificate.
If you have applied for a certificate but have not yet graduated, the status of your certificate application will be “Not Ready for Review”. Once your graduation is posted, have met all the requirements and have institutional recommendation, your status will change to “Ready for Review” and NYSED will then review your application.
If have problems using TEACH, report them online directly to the TEACH Tech Support through their Web site at.