HOW TO APPLY FOR CERTIFICATION ONLINE
1. SELF-REGISTRATION (in the purple box on the right hand side of screen):
- First, create an account and register online with a username and password.
- The self-registration process will ask for your a) First and Last Name; b) Date of Birth; and c) Email Address
- Generate a Preferred User ID, Password Reset Information and a Password (at least 8 characters, one of which must be a number).
- Complete all the required fields in the registration form in order to continue.
2. FIRST LOGIN:
When you first login, you will be asked to enter your password and then to create a new password. Then, enter your social security number so the system can match up all of your records.
3. DIRECTORY PAGE:
Enter the TEACH online service.
- Verify/Update Profile
- Submit Application for Fingerprint Clearance
- Account Information
- Apply for a Certificate
If you were fingerprinted by the City, or will be fingerprinted by the City for employment or a substitute license, you must submit the OSPRA 104 form to have your clearance forwarded to the state; the City does not automatically forward your clearance to the State. DO NOT APPLY FOR FINGERPRINTING ONLINE if your fingerprints have already cleared with the City or the State.
APPLYING FOR A CERTIFICATE :
STEP 1: Verify/Update Profile
Verify/Update Profile will ask for your Education and Employment information. Enter all the information from a baccalaureate to present. Hunter College is an Approved New York Teacher Certification Programs.
- Award Title: “Bachelor of Arts”
Program Code:”25630 - SOCIAL STUDIES 7-12- HISTORY”
- Enter all full-time, paid teaching experience (in both public and private schools).
STEP 2: Select Certificate(s)
Select your Certificate Title
- Select your Area of Interest: Classroom Teacher
- Select your Subject Area: Social Studies
- Select the Grade Level: Grades 7-12
- Select the Title: Social Studies 7-12
- Select your Certificate Type: Initial
You must [Add] each certificate you want to apply for.
On the next page, enter the Program Code “25630”, then [Submit] and select the radio button and select [Next].
STEP 3: Sign Affidavit
Answer all *questions and click on [Sign Affidavit]. By signing this affidavit, you are confirming that the information you have provided is true and contains no misrepresentations.
STEP 4: Confirm and Sign Application
Make sure that you have completed the correct application and click on [Sign Application].
STEP 5: Make Payment
It is highly advised to pay by credit card. Credit card transactions are easier to track.
The next page will show “Application Transaction Summary”. This will help you keep track of what you need to do in order to obtain your certificate.
If you have applied for a certificate but have not yet graduated, the status of your certificate application will be “Not Ready for Review”. Once your graduation is posted, have met all the requirements and have institutional recommendation, your status will change to “Ready for Review” and NYSED will then review your application.
If have problems using TEACH, report them online directly to the TEACH Tech Support through their Web site at.