Admission Requirements - M.A. Degree
1. A bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution acceptable to Hunter College with an overall cumulative grade point average (GPA) of 3.0 and a major of at least 30 credits in French with a GPA of 3.0.
2. A general education core in the liberal arts and sciences to include the following (in addition to a French major): 6 credits in English, 3 credits in social studies (to include at least one course in U.S. history or U.S. geography), 3 credits in the arts, and 12 credits in math/science/technology (a college course in calculus meets 6 credits of this requirement).
3. Two professional references to be included with the application for admission.
4. A personal statement to be completed as part of the application for admission.
5. Oral proficiency at the Advanced Low level on the American Council on the Teaching of Foreign Language (ACTFL) Advanced Level Check Oral Proficiency Interview (OPI).