Admission Requirements - M.A. Degree
1. A bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution acceptable to Hunter College with an overall cumulative grade point average (GPA) of 3.0.
2. An index of at least 3.0 in an undergraduate major or the equivalent in Latin or classics. Students with 18 credits in Latin may be admitted provisionally if they are certified to teach a language other than Latin.
3. A general education core in the liberal arts and sciences to include the following: 6 credits in English, 3 credits in the arts, 6 credits in social studies (to include at least one course in U.S. history or U.S. geography), and 12 credits in math/science/technology (a college course in calculus meets 6 credits of this requirement).
4. Two professional references to be included with the application for admission.
5. A personal statement to be completed as part of the application for admission.