Admission Requirements - Adv. Certificate
1. An undergraduate major of at least 30 credits in Spanish and a master’s degree in the content area with a GPA of at least 3.3 from an accredited institution acceptable to Hunter College.
2. A general education core in the liberal arts and sciences to include the following (in addition to Spanish): 6 credits in English, 6 credits in social studies (to include at least one course in U.S. history or U.S. geography), 3 credits in the arts, and 12 credits in math/ science/ technology (a college course in calculus satisfies 6 credits of this requirement).
3. Two professional references to be included with the application for admission.
4. A personal statement to be completed as part of the application for admission.
5. Oral proficiency at the Advanced Low level on the American Council on the Teaching of Foreign Language (ACTFL) Advanced Level Check Oral Proficiency Interview (OPI).
In addition, all students in this program will be required to take the Content Specialty Test (CST) of the New York State Teacher Certification Examinations and submit their scores to the School of Education before they complete 12 credits of course work. A student who does not receive a passing score on the CST may be required to enroll in additional courses in Spanish.