Admission Requirements - Master's Degree
1. A bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution acceptable to Hunter College with an overall cumulative grade point average (GPA) of 3.0
2. 24 or more credits in mathematics approved by the graduate mathematics adviser, including a course in elementary statistics, a year of calculus, and a course in matrix algebra or linear algebra. Applicants may be admitted on the condition that they complete up to 12 credits of additional course work in mathematics. A transcript review will determine which additional credits, if any, are needed.
3. A grade point average of at least 2.7 in mathematics courses.
4. A general education core in the liberal arts and sciences to include the following in addition to math: 6 credits in English, 6 credits in a language other than English (3 years of high school study in the same foreign language with grades of C or better documented by high school transcript will meet this requirement), 6 credits in social studies (to include at least one course in U.S. history or U.S. geography), 6 credits in science/technology, and 3 credits in the arts.
5. A personal statement to be completed as part of the application for admission.