Admission Requirements - M.A. Degree
1. A bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution acceptable to Hunter College with an overall cumulative GPA of 3.0.
2. A minimum of 21 credits in biology to include a year of introductory biology with laboratory and a semester of organic chemistry.
3. A general education core in the liberal arts and sciences to include the following: 6 credits in English, 6 credits in a language other than English (3 years of high school study in the same foreign language with grades of C or better documented by high school transcript will meet this requirement), 6 credits in social studies (to include at least one course in U.S. history or U.S. geography), 3 credits in the arts, and one course in calculus.
4. Two professional references to be included with the application for admission.
5. A personal statement to be completed as part of the application for admission.