Admission Requirements - M.A. Degree
1. A bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution acceptable to Hunter College with an overall cumulative grade point average (GPA) of 3.0.
2. A minimum of 29 credits in science and mathematics to include two years of chemistry (general and organic), one year of introductory physics with laboratory, and one semester of calculus.
3. A general education core in the liberal arts and sciences to include the following: 6 credits in English, 6 credits in a language other than English (3 years of high school study in the same foreign language with grades of C or better documented by high school transcript will meet this requirement), 6 credits in social studies (to include at least one course in U.S. history or U.S. geography), 3 credits in the arts, and one college course in calculus.
4. Two professional references to be included with the application for admission.
5. A personal statement to be completed as part of the application for admission.