Admission Requirements - M.A. Degree
1. A bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution acceptable to Hunter College with an overall cumulative grade point average (GPA) of 3.0.
2. A major of at least 30 credits in the liberal arts or sciences.
3. At least 21 credits in geology, physical geography, earth science, or environmental science, including geographic techniques.
4. A general education core in the liberal arts and sciences to include: 6 credits in English, 6 credits in a language other than English (3 years of high school study in the same foreign language with grades of C or better documented by high school transcript will meet this requirement), 6 credits in social studies (to include at least one course in U.S. history or U.S. geography), 3 credits in the arts, and6 credits in math/technology (a college course in calculus meets this requirement).
5. Two professional references to be included with the application for matriculation.
6. A personal statement to be completed as part of the application for admission.