Admission Requirements - M.A. Degree
1. A bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution acceptable to Hunter College with an overall cumulative grade point average (GPA) of 3.0.
2. A major of at least 30 credits in one of the areas of social studies (history, political science, geography, or economics) with a GPA of 3.0, including at least 12 credits in history, 3 credits in geography, 3 credits in political science, and 3 credits in economics. The course work in history must include at least one course in each of the following areas: U.S. history, European history, and world or non-Western history.
3. A general education core in the liberal arts and sciences to include the following: 6 credits in English, 6 credits in a language other than English (3 years of high school study in the same foreign language with grades of C or better documented by high school transcript meets this requirement), 3 credits in the arts, and 12 credits in math/science/technology (a college course in calculus meets 6 credits of this requirement).
4. Two professional references to be included with the application for admission.
5. A personal statement to be completed as part of the application for admission.