1a) Either a master’s degree with an overall GPA of at least 3.5 from an accredited institution acceptable to Hunter College or a bachelor’s degree with an overall GPA of at least 3.0 and NYS teacher certification. (initial, permanent or professional certification).
• Early childhood education (birth-grade 2)
• Childhood education (grades 1-6)
• Common Branches PreK-grade 6
• Middle childhood education (grades 5-9)
• Adolescent education (grades 7-12)
• Special subjects
• Literacy education
• Students with disabilities in early childhood, childhood, middle childhood, or adolescent education or special education K-12
• Teachers of students who are blind or visually impaired, deaf or hard of hearing, or speech and language impaired
1b) Either a master’s or a bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution acceptable to Hunter College and NYS permanent or professional certification in:
• School Adminstrator/Supervisor
• School Counselor
• School Psychologist
• School Social Worker
2. An on-site writing sample in English and in Spanish, French or Chinese and an interview conducted in English and in Spanish, French or Chinese.
3. Two letters of recommendation, including one from a supervisor.