1. A bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution acceptable to Hunter College with a GPA of 3.0 or better.
2. A liberal arts or sciences major or interdisciplinary concentration of at least 30 credits.
3. A general core in the liberal arts and sciences distributed as follows: 9 credits in math and science with at least one course in math and one course in science (a college course in calculus meets 6 credits of this requirement); 6 credits in English including one course in English composition with a grade of B plus a writing intensive course in any discipline with a grade of a B or better; 6 credits in social studies (of which one course must be in history or geography); 3 credits in the arts; and 3 credits in information retrieval (library studies, research, computer literacy, or educational technology).
4. Completion of a satisfactory writing sample in English and in Spanish, French or Chinese as part of the application process.
5. An on-site writing sample in English and in Spanish, French or Chinese and an interview.