A. 12- Credit Progress Standards for Matriculated Students
1. Students must maintain an overall GPA of 3.0 in order to continue in the program.
2. Students with more than one course grade below B in the first 12 credits will not be allowed to continue in the program.
3. A student who receives a grade F in any course including arts and sciences courses in the first 12 credits will not be allowed to continue in the program
4. Students with one grade of IN (Incomplete) within the first 12 credits are restricted from registering for more than one additional course. Those with two or more INs will not be allowed to register for any courses.
Note: It is recommended that students with two or more IN’s take an official leave of absence.
5. All students must take the Academic Literacy Skills Test (ALST) of the New York State Teacher Certification Examinations and submit their scores to the Office of Educational Services before they complete 12 credits of course work. Any student who does not receive a passing score must enroll in the school's reading/writing workshop for teachers before being permitted to register for any further courses.
B. Fieldwork Benchmarks
11. All field experiences and student teaching will take place in New York City public schools.
2. Student must receive a grade of at least B in fieldwork (BILED 711.50 and CEDC 729.5). Any student who receives a grade B-, C+ or C must apply to the chairperson of the department for permission to repeat the course, which may be repeated only once.