A. 12- Credit Progress Standards for Matriculated Students
1. Student must maintain an overall GPA of 3.0 in order to continue in the program.
2. Students with more than one course grade below B in the first credits will not be allowed to continue in the program.
3. Students who receive a grade of F in any course in the first 12 credits will not be allowed to continue in the program.
4. Students with one grade of IN (Incomplete) within the first 12 credits are restricted from registering for more than one additional course. Those two or more IN’s will not be allowed to register for any courses.
Note: It is recommended that students with two or more IN’s take an official leave of absence.
5. Track 1 only: Students must take the Academic Literacy Skills Test (ALST) of the New York State Teacher Certification Examinations and submit their scores to the Office of Educational Services before they complete 12 credits of course work. Any student who does not receive a passing score must enroll in the school's reading/writing workshop for teachers before being permitted to register for any further courses.
B. Fieldwork Benchmarks
1. All field experiences and student teaching will take place in New York City public schools.
2. Student must receive a grade of at least B in fieldwork, student teaching, or practicum course. Any student who receives a grade of B-, C+ or C must apply to the chairperson of the department for permission to repeat the course, which may be repeated only once. Any student who receives a grade of F or WU will not be allowed to continue in the program.