(For applicants who do not hold New York State Certification)
1. A cumulative undergraduate grade point average (GPA) of 3.0 from an accredited bachelor’s degree program or a master’s degree with a GPA of 3.5 or better.
2. A liberal arts or sciences major or interdisciplinary concentration of at least 30 credits.
3. A general education core in the liberal arts and sciences distributed as follows: 9 credits in math and science with at least one course in math and one course in science (a course in calculus meets 6 credits of this requirements); 6 credits in English; 6 credits in social studies (of which at least one course must be in history or geography); 6 credits in a language other than English (3 years of high school study in the same foreign language with grades of C or better documented by high school transcript will meet this requirement); 3 credits in the arts; and 3 credits in information retrieval (library studies, research, computer literacy, or educational technology).
4. A personal statement to be completed as part of the application for admission.
5. Two letters of recommendation.
(For applicants who hold New York State Certification in childhood education, PreK-6 education, childhood or early childhood special education, or TESOL)
1. Undergraduate degree with GPA of 3.0 or master’s degree with GPA of 3.5 or better.
2. New York State initial, professional, or permanent teacher certification in childhood education, elementary education PreK-6, special education, or TESOL.
3. A personal statement.
4. Two letters of recommendation.