1. Undergraduate degree with a GPA of at least 3.0.
2. New York State initial, professional, or permanent teacher certification in early childhood education, childhood education, elementary education, TESOL or special education.
3. Submission of a letter of recommendation from a supervisor as one of the two letters of recommendation to be included in the graduate application.
4. Completion of a satisfactory on-site writing sample after the application is reviewed.
5. Completion of a satisfactory interview.