A. 12-Credit Progress Standards for Matriculated Students
1. Students must maintain an overall GPA of 3.0 in order to continue in the program.
2. Students with more than one course grade below B in the first 12 credits will not be allowed to continue in the program.
3. Students who receive a grade of F in any course in the first 12 credits will not be allowed to continue in the program.
4. Students with one grade of IN (incomplete) within the first 12 credits are restricted from registering for more than one additional course. Those with two or more Ins will not be allowed to register for any courses.
5. All students must take the Academic Literacy Skills Test (ALST) of the New York State Teacher Certification Examinations and submit their scores to the Office of Educational Services before they complete 12 credits of course work. Any student who does not receive a passing score must enroll in the school's reading/writing workshop for teachers before being permitted to register for any further courses.
B. Fieldwork Benchmark.
Students must receive a grade of at least B in all practica, student teaching and clinical teaching courses in the program (i.e., SPED 772, SPED 774, SPED 775/775.50). Any student who receives a grade of B-, C+ or C must apply to the chair to retake the course, which may be repeated only once. Students with a grade of F will not be allowed to continue in the program.