For applicants who do not hold New York State Certification.
1. Undergraduate BA or BS degree from an approved college, with a GPA of 3.0 or better
A graduate degree from an approved college with a GPA of 3.5 or better
2. A liberal arts or science major or interdisciplinary concentration of at least 30 credits.
3. General education core in liberal arts and sciences to include a minimum of 6 credits in English including a course in English composition with a grade of B or better (or a writing intensive course in any discipline with a grade of B or better), 6 credits in social studies (with at least one course in history or geography), 9 credits in math and science with at least one course in math and one course in science (a college course in calculus meets 6 credits of this requirement), 3 credits in the arts, and 3 credits in information retrieval (library studies, research, computer literacy, or educational technology).
For applicants who hold early childhood, childhood, PreK-grade 6, middle school or adolescent education New York State teacher certification.
1. An undergraduate BA or BS degree from an approved college with a GPA of 3.0 or higher
A graduate degree from an approved college with a GPA of 3.5 or better.
2. New York State initial, professional, or permanent teacher certification in early childhood, childhood, PreK-grade 6, middle school or adolescent education. Those holding permanent certification must either show proof that they have satisfied the New York State requirements regarding wellness, child abuse, drug abuse, fire safety, and violence prevention or take HED 715, a 1-credit course covering these topics.