A. 12-Credit Progress Standards for Matriculated Students
1. Students must maintain an overall GPA of 3.0 in order to continue in the program.
2. Students with more than one course grade below B in the first 12 credits will not be allowed to continue in the program.
3. A student who receives a grade of F in any course in the first 12 credits will not be allowed to continue in the program.
4. Students with one grade of IN (Incomplete) within the first 12 credits are restricted from registering for more than one additional course. Those with two or more INs will not be allowed to register for any courses.
Note: It is recommended that students with two or more INs take an official leave of absence while they are completing their IN courses.
5. Track 1A students only: Must take or the Academic Literacy Skills Test of the New York State Teacher Certification Examinations and submit their scores to the Office of Educational Services before they complete 12 credits of course work. Any student who does not receive a passing score must enroll in the school's reading/writing workshop for teachers before being permitted to register for any further courses.
B. Fieldwork Benchmark
Students must receive a grade of at least B in fieldwork, clinical teaching, or practicum courses (e.g., SPED 752, SPED 782, SPED 784, CEDC 729; ECC 712; SPEDE 776 or SPEDE 767). Any student who receives a grade of B-, C+ or C must apply to the chair of the department for permission to retake the course, which may be repeated only once. Any student who receives a grade of F in a fieldwork or clinical teaching course will not be allowed to continue in the program.
C. In order to enroll in student teaching or supervised practicum, all students must:
1. Have an overall GPA of at least 3.0.
2. Have no outstanding INs.