A. 12-Credit Progress Standards for Matriculated Students
1. Students must maintain an overall GPA of 3.0, which includes courses in the arts and sciences subjects as well as in teacher education, in order to continue in the program.
2. Students with more than one course grade below B in the first 12 credits will not be allowed to continue in the program.
3. Students who receive a grade of F in any course, including arts and sciences courses, in the first 12 credits will not be allowed to continue in the program.
4. Students with one grade of IN (Incomplete) are restricted from registering for more than one additional course. Those with two or more INs will not be allowed to register for any courses.
Note: It is recommended that students with two or more INs take an official leave of absence.
5. All students must take the Liberal Arts and Sciences Test (LAST) or the Academic Literacy Skills Test (for those graduating in May 2014 and thereafter) of the New York State Teacher Certification Examinations and submit their scores to the Office of Educational Services before they complete 12 credits of course work. Any student who does not receive a passing score must enroll in the school's reading/writing workshop for teachers before being permitted to register for any further courses.
B. Fieldwork Benchmarks
Students must receive a grade of at least B in EDESL 796, EDESL 785, and EDESL 788. Any student who receives a grade of B-, C+ or C must apply to the chairperson of the department for permission to repeat that course, which may be repeated only once. Any student who receives a grade of F or WU will not be allowed to continue in the program.