Tracks 1, 2, and 3
1. A passing score on the comprehensive examination or successful completion of a master’s essay (EDESL 760).
2. Students must demonstrate satisfactory graduate-level academic oral and written communication skills in their coursework, and the ability to serve as appropriate models of the English language for their future students. Students who cannot demonstrate this level of language ability must take a non-credit writing course offered by the School of Education in order to enroll in any courses after completing 12 credits.
3. An overall GPA of 3.0.
4. Students must pass the School of Education technology assessment.
5. Students must complete the Dignity for All Students Act (anti-bullying) workshop.
6. Track 2: Must hold a valid New York State certificate.
Track 4: Adult Track
1. An overall GPA of 3.0.
2. Comprehensive examination or a master’s essay (EDESL 760)
3. Students must pass the School of Education technology assessment.