School of Education Undergraduate Programs
For undergraduates, the School of Education has the following teacher education programs that lead to initial New York State certification:
• Early Childhood Education, birth - grade 2
• Childhood Education (Q.U.E.S.T.), grades 1 - 6
• Adolescent Education, grades 7 - 12 with concentrations in: English, Modern and Classical Languages (Chinese, French, Italian, Latin, Spanish), Mathematics, Science (Biology, Chemistry, Earth Sciences and Physics) and Social Studies
• Dance Education, grades PreK-12
• Music Education, grades PreK-12
These undergraduate programs are second majors or minors for Hunter students who have already completed 30-72 credits (Early Childhood & Childhood Education) or 65-90 credits (PreK-12 & Adolescent Education).