Admission to the School of Education is not automatic with admission to Hunter College. There is a separate admission process that involves an application, a writing sample and an interview.
Students must apply by October 15 for the spring term and by March 15 for the fall term. Applications are available online only.
Liberal Arts and Science Major Requirements
BA/MA in Adolescent Physics: minimum of 130.5 credits to include physics major (minimum of 37 credits) and 16 graduate credits in physics.
- Minimum of at least 65 credits but no more than 90 credits.
- A Hunter College GPA of 3.0 or better.
- A grade of B or better in ENGL 120.
- No more than 6 credits of CR/NC grades.
- Formal declaration of a major in physics.
- Transfer students usually have to complete 12 credits of coursework at Hunter College before applying. However, transfer students with 60 or more credits and a GPA of 3.3 or better may be immediately considered for admission.
Required Liberal Arts & Sciences General Core
- Additional courses required for BA/MA students include:
- 6 credits of English courses;
- 6 credits of social studies (at least one course in US history or US geography);
- 3 credits in the arts;
- 6 credits of language other than English (or exemption on basis of equivalency);
- 6 credits of math or technology (a college course in calculus meets this requirement).
Other State Certification Requirements
- Get fingerprinted in advance of any placed fieldwork experience.
- Complete the Dignity for All Students Act (DASA) workshop.