For admission to any program in the School of Education, applicants must submit:
- A GPA of 3.0 or higher in an undergraduate degree, or a GPA of 3.5 or higher in a graduate degree from an accredited college or university
- Personal statement (some programs require a supplemental essay)
- Two letters of recommendation
- Official GRE Scores (for all graduate teacher education and school building leader programs, and the EdD in Instructional Leadership)
- TOEFL Scores (for applicants who earned a Bachelor’s degree or took more than 90 credits of undergraduate courses outside the US)
- Application fee of $125
Program Specific Requirements
Each School of Education program has specific course or certification requirements. Applicants should carefully review the requirements on the program page before applying. Questions about program selection or program requirements can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or can be answered in person by an Admission Advisor during walk-in hours.
Admission with Conditions
Students who do not meet all program-specific application requirements, but who are otherwise strong candidates, may be admitted with conditions. These students must fulfill any missing requirements by the end of their third semester. Students missing more than 12 credits of required coursework cannot be admitted until they have completed further undergraduate course work. For more information about how to fulfill Admission Conditions, click here.
Students who are accepted to a graduate program on a non-matriculated basis must submit a new application for matriculation after completing at least 6 credits.