College's Schools of the Health Professions comprises two prestigious
units of the college: The Hunter-Bellevue School of Nursing and the
School of Health Sciences.
education began at Hunter in 1943, when courses for registered nurses
were added to it's curriculum. In 1955, a four- year collegiate program
that was a pioneer for its time - the Hunter College Program in Nursing
- was launched. When the Bellevue School of Nursing closed in 1969,
Hunter absorbed it to create the Hunter - Bellevue School of Nursing.
Institute of Health Sciences, dedicated to the educational preparation
of a range of health care professionals, opened its doors on East
106th Street in 1968. Six years later, the Institute became the School
of Health Sciences and moved downtown to join the nursing school at
the Brookdale campus.
City University of New York at Hunter College does not discriminate
in any of its programs on the basis of race, sex, color, creed, age,
national origin, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, or
status as a disabled veteran or veteran of the Vietnam era.
review our News
Letter for upcoming events.
development of this website is an ongoing process. Contact the webmaster
with any questions.
updated: April 9, 2007.