To be eligible for SEEK, you must:
- be a legal resident of New York State for at least one year prior to entering college;
- be a high school graduate or recipient of a New York State approved General Equivalency Diploma or its equivalent;
- be a first-time freshman or previously enrolled in an Higher Education Opportunity Program (HEOP) or Educational Opportunity Program (EOP);
- be inadmissible according to the freshman admissions criteria established for the CUNY senior college you want to attend;
- have a gross family income that meets the New York State guidelines;
*For each additional household in excess of seven, add $7,326
To apply for SEEK, prospective freshman must complete the SEEK portion of the CUNY admissions application when applying online. Applications are also available from the admissions office at the campus you wish to attend and from your high school counselor. You must also complete the Financial Aid Student Application (FAFSA) and make sure to list all of the CUNY colleges you are considering in step 6 of your application.
Not all eligible students are accepted to SEEK; therefore, you should submit your applications early to increase your chances of being accepted. If you've earned college credits since graduating high school, you are not eligible to receive SEEK support services, except in the case of students enrolled EOP and HEOP.
Admission to SEEK is conditional until you have done the following:
- taken the University basic skills assessment test in reading, writing, and mathematics unless you are exempted based on your SAT and/or Regents scores;
- provided required documents that prove your economic eligibility for SEEK;
- successfully completed the SEEK Summer Bridge Program.
Transfer students from College Discovery (CD), EOP, HEOP, and SEEK are eligible to transfer into SEEK at Hunter provided that they have remaining semesters of eligibility. Transfer students must complete the CUNY online transfer application.
For more information visit the City University of New York (CUNY) Website.