Skip to content. | Skip to navigation

You are here: Home SEEK Our Services Transfer Students SEEK Transfer FAQs
SEEK Transfer

SEEK Transfer FAQs

Here are several "Frequently Asked Questions" (FAQs) about the Percy E. Sutton Search for Education, Elevation, and Knowledge (SEEK) Transfer Program.


What is the SEEK Transfer Program at Hunter College?
The SEEK Transfer Program provides participants with academic and counseling services that assist transfer students transition into Hunter College. The program consists of an Orientation and participation in the SEEK Transfer Club, which is comprised of monthly club meetings and small group counseling sessions.


Do I have to attend the SEEK Transfer Orientation if I have already attended an academic advising session at Hunter College?
Yes. In order to participate in the SEEK Program, transfer students must attend the Orientation. Participants become acquainted with SEEK faculty and staff as well as the services provided.


Is participation in the SEEK Transfer Club mandatory?
Yes. Beginning in spring 2014, all incoming transfer students in the SEEK Program will become members of the SEEK Transfer Club. Participation in monthly meetings is mandatory in order to maintain SEEK status.


How long will I be a member of the SEEK Transfer Club?
Incoming transfer students in the SEEK Program will participate in the SEEK Transfer Club for the duration of their first semester at Hunter College.


Where is the SEEK office located?
The SEEK Office is located in room 1013 Hunter East Building.


What resources does the SEEK Program offer?
The SEEK Program provides students with individualized counseling, tutoring, and a computer lab.

Tutoring is available in the SEEK Learning Center, 929 Hunter East. Subjects offered include Chemistry, Mathematics, English, History, and Psychology. Students may submit for a tutor in a subject not currently offered.

The SEEK Computer Lab is located in room 923 Hunter East. Students are able to utilize the printer in the computer lab for their academic needs at a limit of 100 pages per semester.


When may I meet with my SEEK Counselor?
You may meet with a SEEK Counselor without an appointment during walk-in hours on Mondays, Tuesdays, and Thursdays from 2:30 p.m. to 4:00 p.m. for a quick session lasting no longer than 10 minutes. You must make an appointment with your SEEK Counselor at all other times from Monday through Friday, 10:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.


What part of the Hunter Core requirements do I have to complete?
Completion of the Hunter Core requirements depends on the number of transfer credits you have earned. You may review your progress towards the completion of the Hunter Core with a SEEK Counselor.


How do I get my credits evaluated?
The Office of Admissions will evaluate all incoming transcripts. They are located in room 203 Hunter North. After you have been admitted and commit to attend Hunter College, your academic records will be evaluated for transfer course equivalencies. Records are reviewed on a course-by-course basis.


When do I have to declare a major?
Students are required to declare a major no later than the semester in which the combination of credits earned and credits attempted for the current semester total 61 credits or more. Failure to declare a major could lead to TAP ineligibility. To declare a major pick up a form in One Stop (room 217 Hunter North), meet with your departmental advisor and return the completed form to One Stop.



Document Actions
SEEK website feedback:
Hunter East 1013
(212) 772-5725 | email us
695 Park Ave
NY, NY 10065