The SEEK Transfer Program provides participants with academic and counseling services that facilitate the process of transfer students' transition into Hunter College. During Orientation, participants have the opportunity to familiarize themselves with the Hunter College campus and culture. The academic policies and graduation requirements are reviewed to guide course planning and successful completion of Hunter College's undergraduate degree.
During their first semester, participants partake in the SEEK Transfer Club. The SEEK Transfer Club is designed to keep transfer students informed about current academic policies and resources at Hunter College. The SEEK Transfer Club consists of group counseling sessions and monthly club meetings. Group counseling sessions will allow counselors and students to have in depth conversations regarding topics such as Pathways, course planning, and degree advisement. Club meetings enable conversations with current transfers, career development services, summer planning and program reflections.
The goals of the SEEK Transfer Program are:
- to integrate participants into Hunter College;
- to ensure that participants understand Hunter College's policies and SEEK Program policies;
- to review Hunter Core, graduation, and TAP requirements, as they pertain to the transfer student population;
- to provide participants with counseling, tutorial, and academic support services.
Transfer Students who were enrolled in the College Discovery (CD) Program and completed their associate degree or who were enrolled in SEEK, HEOP, or EOP programs in their previous college are eligible for participation in the SEEK Program at Hunter. Please note that acceptance to Hunter College does not guarantee acceptance to the Hunter SEEK Program.
As you enter the transfer process please consider the following guidelines.
- Complete the CUNY Online Transfer Application;
- Make sure to submit the Counselor Recommendation form to the Hunter SEEK Program and UAPC by the CUNY-Wide priority deadline (September 15th for the Spring and February 1st for the Fall);
- Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) and the Tuition Assistance Program (TAP);
- Hunter Codes: FASFA - 002689; TAP - 1413;
- Visit the Hunter Financial Aid and the Hunter Transfer pages for more information.
For inquires about the SEEK Program call (212) 772-5725 or email@example.com