The SEEK Mentoring Program is intended to provide program participants with guidance from a student's perspective. Peer mentors provide guidance to their mentees by developing a relationship that allows them to share their Hunter College experience including career, academic, and personal support. By fostering this mentoring relationship, program participants serve as role models for students within, and outside of the SEEK Program.
The goals of the SEEK Mentoring Program are:
- to develop meaningful relationships between mentees and mentors that will benefit both parties;
- to ease mentees through their transition into Hunter College;
- to share knowledge of resources;
- to serve as a source of information and encouragement;
- to decrease the amount of academic stressors that mentees may experience in college including social, peer, and financial pressures.
To view a list of Frequently Asked Questions click here.
If you would like a mentor, fill out a SEEK Mentee Application.
If you are interested in participating as a mentor for the mentoring program, fill out a SEEK Mentor Application.
For more information contact firstname.lastname@example.org