Hunter Core Requirement for English Composition
A course in this area must meet all of the following learning outcomes. A student will:
- Read and listen critically and analytically, including identifying an argument’s major assumptions and assertions and evaluating its supporting evidence.
- Write clearly and coherently in varied, academic formats (such as formal essays, research
papers, and reports) using standard English and appropriate technology to critique and
improve one’s own and others’ texts.
- Demonstrate research skills using appropriate technology, including gathering, evaluating, and synthesizing primary and secondary sources.
- Support a thesis with well-reasoned arguments, and communicate persuasively across a variety
of contexts, purposes, audiences, and media.
- Formulate original ideas and relate them to the ideas of others by employing the conventions of ethical attribution and citation.
Click here for a list of approved courses at Hunter that satisfy this requirement.
Click here for the application to apply earned elective credits to this requirement.