Health Professions Education Center
State Board Exams and Certification Information
- Information for Audiologists - Includes information on certification, practice policy, work, publications, etc.
- Audiology Standards FAQs
Speech-Language Pathology (SLP)
NY State Licensure
Exam Information and Practice
- Examination Content Guidelines
- Free LabCE.com Quiz Game - Randomized question bank that tests your clinical laboratory science knowledge. A great way to review for state boards, brush up on your laboratory knowledge, and challenge yourself
- Free sample tests - Simply enter a temporary username and zip code to access test materials. Includes practice tests for multiple subject areas
NCSBN Nursing Model Act and Rules
Nurse Licensure Compact (NLC) - Fact Sheet for Licensees and Nursing Students
National Council Licensure Examination (NCLEX)
Entry into the practice of nursing in the United States and its territories is regulated by the licensing authorities within each jurisdiction. To ensure public protection, each jurisdiction requires a candidate for licensure to pass an examination that measures the competencies needed to perform safely and effectively as a newly licensed, entry-level nurse. The National Council of State Boards of Nursing (NCSBN) develops two licensure examinations, the National Council Licensure Examination for Registered Nurses (NCLEX-RN) and the National Council Licensure Examination for Practical Nurses (NCLEX-PN) that are used by state and territorial boards of nursing to assist in making licensure decisions.
- NCLEX Candidate Bulletin - A comprehensive guide to taking the NCLEX
- 8 Steps of the NCLEX
- NCLEX Candidate Tutorial
- NCLEX FAQs
- Current NCLEX Test Plans
- NCLEX Rules
- NCLEX-RN Study Guide (pdf)
- NCLEX Test Improvement Links - Links to reviews of all topics
- NCLEXReviewers.com - Great site with comprehensive information on NCLEX. Includes application forms, practice exams, review and sample questions for all topics
- Acid-Base Tutorial - Comprehensive study site for everything acid-base related
- NCLEX Flashcards on Various Topics
- NCLEX Study Tips
- NCLEX Review Quizzes, Exams, Questions and Resources
- Free online practice test site
- NCLEX Review Site - Four sets of NCLEX questions can be viewed by using the navigation on the left. Site also includes virtual flashcards and review on various topics.
- 8 Sets of NCLEX Practice Questions - Reviews and answer key for each are included in the right panel navigation
- NCLEX RN Practice Questions - 5 sets of questions. Use links at bottom of page to navigate
- Practice for the NCLEX-RN: Practice Exam 3 and Rationales - skip links at the top and simply scroll down the page
- Free Sample NCLEX-RN Questions
- NCLEX Test Review Questions (pdf)
- Practice NCLEX Questions covering various topics
Practice Exams are available at the Health Professions Education Center, located on the Mezzanine of the West Building at the Brookdale Campus, on 26 computers. For further information please contact the center at: (212)-481-5129
Interactive Computer Programs
- Maternity Mania - This program, full of games and graphics, includes interactive quizzes for reinforcing knowledge of maternal-newborn nursing content. Great for cross-training and certification prep! Female anatomy and physiology, maternity terms, labor and delivery are just a few of the topics covered.
- Med-Surg Mania - This program includes interactive quizzes for reinforcing knowledge of medical-surgical nursing content across 11 major content areas (cardiovascular, endocrine, eye/ear, gastrointestinal, genitourinary, hematologic, hepatic-biliary, musculoskeletal, neurological, peripheral-vascular, and respiratory).
- NCLEX RN Success - A comprehensive study program that reflects the NCLEX test plan.
- Peds Mania - This program includes interactive quizzes for reinforcing knowledge of pediatric nursing content. Theories of growth and development, anatomy and physiology, health problems, immunizations, laboratory/diagnostic procedures, treatment procedures and pediatric drug administration are among the topics covered.
- Prep-U - This program is an adaptive quizzing tool developed by instructors which gives students real-time feedback on their progress and creates personalized tests tailored to a student's strengths and weaknesses.
- Psych Mania - This program, full of games and graphics, includes interactive quizzes for reinforcing knowledge of maternal-newborn nursing content. Great for cross-training and certification prep! Female anatomy and physiology, maternity terms, labor and delivery are just a few of the topics covered.
- Springhouse NCLEX 3500 and NCLEX 4000 - These programs mimic the actual NCLEX-RN exam and thoroughly reviews topics covered.
Doctorate of Physical Therapy (DPT) at Hunter College: DPT program
- NYSED Requirements and General Information
- License Application Forms
- Guidelines for Physical Therapy Practice in New York State
National Physical Therapy Examination (NPTE)
- Exam Overview - Includes downloadable Candidate Handbook in PDF format
- Sample Exam Questions
- Practice Exams are available at the Health Professions Education Center, located on the Mezzanine of the West Building at the Brookdale Campus, on computers 25 and 26.
For further information feel free to contact the center at: (212)-481-5129
Back to Top
Hours of Operation
Monday - Thursday
9:00am to 9:00pm
9:00am to 5:00pm
Please see calendar for any schedule changes.
Health Professions Education Center
425 East 25th Street
New York, NY 10010