Health Professions Education Center
- Information for Audiologists - Includes information on certification, practice policy, work, publications, etc.
- Audiology Standards FAQs
Speech-Language Pathology (SLP)
NY State Licensure
Exam Information and Practice
- Examination Content Guidelines
- Free LabCE.com Quiz Game - Randomized question bank that tests your clinical laboratory science knowledge. A great way to review for state boards, brush up on your laboratory knowledge, and challenge yourself
- Free sample tests - Simply enter a temporary username and zip code to access test materials. Includes practice tests for multiple subject areas
NCSBN Nursing Model Act and Rules
Nurse Licensure Compact (NLC) - Fact Sheet for Licensees and Nursing Students
National Council Licensure Examination (NCLEX)
Entry into the practice of nursing in the United States and its territories is regulated by the licensing authorities within each jurisdiction. To ensure public protection, each jurisdiction requires a candidate for licensure to pass an examination that measures the competencies needed to perform safely and effectively as a newly licensed, entry-level nurse. The National Council of State Boards of Nursing (NCSBN) develops two licensure examinations, the National Council Licensure Examination for Registered Nurses (NCLEX-RN) and the National Council Licensure Examination for Practical Nurses (NCLEX-PN) that are used by state and territorial boards of nursing to assist in making licensure decisions.
- NCLEX Candidate Bulletin - A comprehensive guide to taking the NCLEX
- 8 Steps of the NCLEX
- NCLEX Candidate Tutorial
- NCLEX FAQs
- Current NCLEX Test Plans
- NCLEX Rules
- NCLEX-RN Study Guide (pdf)
- NCLEX Test Improvement Links - Links to reviews of all topics
- NCLEXReviewers.com - Great site with comprehensive information on NCLEX. Includes application forms, practice exams, review and sample questions for all topics
- Acid-Base Tutorial - Comprehensive study site for everything acid-base related
- NCLEX Flashcards on Various Topics
- NCLEX Study Tips
- NCLEX Review Quizzes, Exams, Questions and Resources
- Free online practice test site
- NCLEX Review Site - Four sets of NCLEX questions can be viewed by using the navigation on the left. Site also includes virtual flashcards and review on various topics.
- 8 Sets of NCLEX Practice Questions - Reviews and answer key for each are included in the right panel navigation
- NCLEX RN Practice Questions - 5 sets of questions. Use links at bottom of page to navigate
- Practice for the NCLEX-RN: Practice Exam 3 and Rationales - skip links at the top and simply scroll down the page
- Free Sample NCLEX-RN Questions
- NCLEX Test Review Questions (pdf)
- Practice NCLEX Questions covering various topics
Practice Exams are available at the Health Professions Education Center, located on the Mezzanine of the West Building at the Brookdale Campus, on 26 computers. For further information please contact the center at: (212)-481-5129
Interactive Computer Programs
- Maternity Mania - This program, full of games and graphics, includes interactive quizzes for reinforcing knowledge of maternal-newborn nursing content. Great for cross-training and certification prep! Female anatomy and physiology, maternity terms, labor and delivery are just a few of the topics covered.
- Med-Surg Mania - This program includes interactive quizzes for reinforcing knowledge of medical-surgical nursing content across 11 major content areas (cardiovascular, endocrine, eye/ear, gastrointestinal, genitourinary, hematologic, hepatic-biliary, musculoskeletal, neurological, peripheral-vascular, and respiratory).
- NCLEX RN Success - A comprehensive study program that reflects the NCLEX test plan.
- Peds Mania - This program includes interactive quizzes for reinforcing knowledge of pediatric nursing content. Theories of growth and development, anatomy and physiology, health problems, immunizations, laboratory/diagnostic procedures, treatment procedures and pediatric drug administration are among the topics covered.
- Psych Mania - This program, full of games and graphics, includes interactive quizzes for reinforcing knowledge of maternal-newborn nursing content. Great for cross-training and certification prep! Female anatomy and physiology, maternity terms, labor and delivery are just a few of the topics covered.
- Springhouse NCLEX 3500 and NCLEX 4000 - These programs mimic the actual NCLEX-RN exam and thoroughly reviews topics covered.
Doctorate of Physical Therapy (DPT) at Hunter College: DPT program
- NYSED Requirements and General Information
- License Application Forms
- Guidelines for Physical Therapy Practice in New York State
National Physical Therapy Examination (NPTE)
- Exam Overview - Includes downloadable Candidate Handbook in PDF format
- Sample Exam Questions
- Practice Exams are available at the Health Professions Education Center, located on the Mezzanine of the West Building at the Brookdale Campus, on computers 25 and 26.
For further information feel free to contact the center at: (212)-481-5129
Certification in Public HealthOrganized by The National Board of Public Health Examiners (NBPHE), which was established in September 2005 as an independent organization, the purpose of which is to ensure that students and graduates from schools and programs of public health accredited by the Council on Education for Public Health (CEPH) have mastered the knowledge and skills relevant to contemporary public health. This purpose will be accomplished by developing, preparing, administering and evaluating a voluntary certification exam.
An academic doctoral degree is required, preferably in public health, health information management or a related discipline. Credentials in public health and/or health information management are preferred, e.g., Certified in Public Health (CPH) or Registered Health Information Administrator (RHIA). Previous familiarity with instruction in an online environment, scholarship, and academic administrative experience is required. Experience with The Council on Education for Public Health (CEPH) or The Commission on Accreditation for Health Informatics and Information Management (CAHIIM) is strongly preferred.
NutritionNutrition is a multifaceted science that deals with the nutrients in foods and their functions in the human body. A Registered Dietitian (RD) is a nutrition expert who interprets nutrition science to provide for people's specific dietary needs to promote optimal health, and to prevent and treat disease throughout the life cycle. The CUNY School of Public Health at Hunter College graduate Nutrition program curriculum meets the didactic program in dietetics (DPD) requirements established by the Commission on Accreditation for Dietetics Education (CADE), the credentialing arm of the American Dietetic Association (ADA), and qualifies students to continue their professional preparation for the Registered Dietitian (RD) credential.
Requirements and Guidelines
As a graduate student you have the option of completing the Hunter college requirements for Nutrition I (NFS 141) as well as Food Science I (NFS 131) on a "self-study" basis. To complete the self-study, one must purchase the course textbook, study the material independently, and pass the "challenge exam" (administered in May, August, and December). The books can be purchased online or from the Hunter Bookstore. There are no study guide/practice tests available. You will need to study the material for this self-study option on your own. The exam consists of 100 multiple-choice questions. You must score at least 80% to pass the exam. You will not receive any academic credits on your transcript for taking these exams since you do not officially register for the classes. Also note, you do not have to be a Hunter student to take these exams. In order to complete the NFS 141 Self-Study, you should study from this textbook:
- Whitney, E.N., and Rolfes, S.R. Understanding Nutrition, 12th Edition, West Publishing Co. Minneapolis/ St. Paul, 2010 (Note: 11th (2008) and 10th edition (2005) are fine too).
For more information on becoming a Dietician or for study materials, please see the links below:
Commission on Dietetic Registration (CDR) Registered Dietitian Certification Registered Dietitian Test Breakdown Registered Dietitian Test Content (by topic) DietitianExam.com (Fee for service) Flashcards for Registered Dietitian Exam (Fee for service)
Public Health Education Specialist
Public health professionals in the twenty first century will need to understand and work with other disciplines and demonstrate proficiencies in technical, managerial, communications and advocacy skills. To prepare our students for these positions, we have developed an innovative curriculum in which students take public health (PH), community health education (COMHE) and elective coursework. Students have the option to take elective courses in other departments such as urban planning, anthropology, nursing, geography and sociology.
Certification in Public Health EducationThe process to establish the current Certified Health Education Specialist (CHES) credential in the United States was established through the work, financial contributions and commitment of health education professionals, employers, health education organizations, and government agencies.
Study Guides and Suggested Readings
General Public Health Education Specialist Information Exam Overview
CHES Practice Test Questions can be found here with its very own answer key.
Environmental and Occupational Health SciencesThe Hunter program in Environmental and Occupational Health Science (EOHS) can prepare you for a career in government ( e.g. EPA, CDC, FDA, NIEHS, NHLBI, NCI and NIOSH)industry, labor, or research aimed at protecting our environment and the health and safety of all who live and work in it.
The Hunter EOHS Program prepares students to take exams for professional certification in industrial hygiene (CIH), safety (CSP) and hazardous materials management (CHMM). The program is part of the New York area Universities Occupational Safety and Health Educational Resource Center, sponsored by the National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health (NIOSH).
Certified Industrial Hygienist (CIH)
Path to Certification Preparing for the CIH Exam
Practice Problems/Review Materials
Certified Safety Professionals (CSP)
General Information Frequently Asked Questions Seven Direct Steps Into Gaining Certification
CSP Study Questions - Weekly questions through email
Certified Hazardous Material Managers (CHMM)The Institute of Hazardous Materials Management (IHMM) requires that the CHMM certification be renewed every five (5) years to ensure that certificants retain their currency with the advancements in technology and changes in compliance requirements that occur frequently in hazardous materials management and related fields.
To Apply for the Examination Eligibility Requirements - CHMM
The Certification Board of Infection Control and EpidemiologyThe Certification Board of Infection Control and Epidemiology, Inc. (CBIC) is a voluntary autonomous multidisciplinary board that provides direction for and administers the certification process for professionals in infection control and applied epidemiology. CBIC is accredited by the National Commission on Certifying Agencies, a committee of the National Competency Assessment Organization.
General Information - Includes content outline, references, application, and other useful exam information
Back to Top
Hours of Operation
Monday - Thursday
9:00am to 9:00pm
9:00am to 5:00pm
Please see calendar for any schedule changes.
Health Professions Education Center
425 East 25th Street
New York, NY 10010