Office of Research and Grant Support
Grant-writing can be an overwhelming process. However, with the right tools, careful planning, and a little teamwork, it can be easier than you think.
The ORGS has placed a myriad of helpful resources on our Blackboard site. All full-time Nursing and Health Professions faculty have been enrolled, meaning direct access to ORGS services once logged into Blackboard (click on the "Communites" or "My Organizations" tab). If you are having problems finding the ORGS Community on Blackboard or would like to be enrolled in the ORGS Blackboard community, please contact us.
Resources available through the ORGS Blackboard Community:
- Faculty research interests database
- Program-planning tips, models, and other documents
- Career development and mentoring materials
- NIH program officer presentations, eRA commons, Community of Science Funder search system, funding opportunities and links
- Budgets: timelines, budget justifications, fringe-benefit rates, indirect cost-rates, sample budget
- Concept Papers: overview and examples
- Grant Objectives & Aims: tips and samples
- Grant Background/Needs: statistics and community profiles
- Evaluation: project phases, measurements, statistical pitfalls
- Human Subjects: confidentiality, guidelines, IRB, online Human-Subjects training, sample section
- The Review Process: criteria, scores, and criticisms
- Resources: the "Grant SAT", personal alerts (abstracts), RefWorks, etc.
- Forms, including our updated transmittal form, NIH grant forms, and the NY/NJ Common Application form
- And lots more...