Office of Research and Grant Support
Grantwriting can be an overwhelming process. However, with the right tools, careful planning, and a little teamwork, it can be easier than you think.
ORGS has placed a myriad of helpful tools and resources on our Blackboard site, all meant to make your life a little easier. All full time Nursing and Health Professions faculty have been enrolled, meaning ORGS will be visible under the "Communities" tab (as well as "My Organizations") when you log on. If you are having problems finding the ORGS Community on Blackboard or would like to be enrolled in the ORGS Blackboard community, please contact us.
Resources on the ORGS Blackboard Community:
- Faculty Research Interests Database
- Program Planning Tips, Models, and Other Documents
- Career Development and Mentoring Materials
- NIH Program Officer Presentations, eRA Commons, Community of Science Funder Search System, Funding Opportunities and links
- Budgets - Timelines, Budget Justifications, Fringe Benefit Rates, Indirect Cost Rates, Sample Budget
- Concept Papers - Overview and Examples
- Grant Objectives & Aims - Tips and Samples
- Grant Background/Needs - Statistics and Community Profiles
- Evaluation - Project Phases, Measurements, Statistical Pitfalls
- Human Subjects - Confidentiality, Guidelines, IRB, Online Human Subjects Training, Sample Section
- The Review Process - Criteria, Scores, and Criticisms
- Resources - The "Grant SAT", Personal Alerts (Abstract Updates), RefWorks, etc.
- Forms, including our updated Transmittal Form, NIH Grant Forms, and the NY/NJ Common Application Form
- And lots more...