Office of Research and Grant Support
ORGS provides development and support services to faculty members wishing to apply for research funding, whether it be from federal, state, city, or private sources. A variety of resources are available, including one-on-one consultation, mock reviews of research proposals, and technological support from ORGS and the Health Professions Education Center (HPEC).
Services offered include:
- Grant-writing and budgeting assistance, including mock reviews
- Statistical consultation
- Concept paper development and review
- Research design and measurement consultation
- Program planning and evaluation consultation
- Assistance with finding appropriate funding mechanisms, including enrollment in alert systems for funding opportunities
- Preparing applications for electronic submission
- IRB pre-review
- Consultation on implementation and quality control
- Assistance with project management and operations, including field-site operations
- Progress report preparation assistance
- Publication and dissemination assistance
- Career planning and assessment
- Financial support for grant-related activities through a set of award mechanisms
- Personal abstract alert system of recent findings in your area(s) of interest
Resources on Blackboard (ORGS Community):
- Faculty research interests database
- Program-planning tips, models, and other documents
- Career development and mentoring materials
- NIH program officer presentations, eRA commons, Community of Science Funder search system, funding opportunities and links
- Budgets: timelines, budget justifications, fringe-benefit rates, indirect cost-rates, sample budget
- Concept Papers: overview and examples
- Grant Objectives & Aims: tips and samples
- Grant Background/Needs: statistics and community profiles
- Evaluation: project phases, measurements, statistical pitfalls
- Human Subjects: confidentiality, guidelines, IRB, online Human-Subjects training, sample section
- The Review Process: criteria, scores, and criticisms
- Resources: the "Grant SAT", personal alerts (abstracts), RefWorks, etc.
- Forms, including our updated transmittal form, NIH grant forms, and the NY/NJ Common Application form
- And lots more...
Available Computer Software (ORGS PC Lab, Mezzanine Level):
Office Productivity & Document Creation
- Acasi (available on an HPEC laptop only).
- Adobe CS6 Master Collection (After Effects, Audition, Bridge, Dreamweaver, Encore, ExtendScript, Fireworks, Flash Builder, Flash Professional, Illustrator, InDesign, Media Encoder, Photoshop, Prelude, Premiere Pro)
- Adobe Reader
- Digital Dropbox-- sync files online and across computers
- Microsoft Office Professional 2010 (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Access, InfoPath Designer, InfoPath Filler, OneNote, Outlook, Publisher, SharePoint Workspace)
- PDF Writer
- Presto Page Manager 7 - Document Management and Sharing Software
- SYSTRAN Premium 4 - Language Translation Software
- PASW Statistical Package 20
- Power and Precision Power Analysis Software
- QSR Nvivo Qualitative Research Software (Computers 5 and 6 only)
- R 2.5.1: Language and Environment for Statistical Computing and Graphics
- RR Console Statistical Computing Program
- SAS 9.2
- StataIC 12
Seed Money Grant Award
Awards seed money for pilot projects and scholarly research.
Poster Preparation Award
Funds for professional poster production.
Grant Preparation Award
Funds to develop pilot projects into larger, externally funded grants and contracts.