- MD, Wayne State University Medical School
- Child Psychiatry Fellowship, Yale Child Study Center
Areas of Expertise
- Child Trauma
- Impact of Adversity, Violence, Poverty, and Racism on Individuals, Communities, and Organizations
- Innovative Teaching and Training Approaches in Child Trauma
- Individual and Community Resilience
- Field Effectiveness Studies of Innovative Service Programs
- Core Concepts in Trama Treatment for Childred and Adolesents
- Integrated Trauma Treatment Field Practice
- Professional Seminar
- Strand, V., Abramovitz, R., Layne, C.M., Robinson, H., Way, I., Meeting the critical need for trauma education in social work: A problem-based learning approach. Journal of Social Work Education, (in press)
- .Layne, C. M., Ghosh Ippen, C., Strand,V., Stuber, M., Abramovitz, R., Reyes, G., Amaya Jackson, L., Curtis, A., Lipscomb, L., Pynoos, R. (2011). The core curriculum on childhood trauma: A tool for training a trauma-informed workforce. Psychological Trauma: Theory, Research, Practice, and Policy: 3(3), 243-52.
- CATS Consortium (Abramovitz, R, consortium member). (2010) Implementation of CBT for youth affected by the World Trade Center disaster: Matching need to treatment intensity and reducing trauma symptoms. Journal of Trauma Stress: 23(6):699-707.
- Abramovitz, R,. & Abramovitz, M. (2009) Perspectives of community providers on research partnerships. K. E. Hoagwood, P. S. Jensen, M. McKay & S. O (Eds.), Children's Mental Health Research: The Power of Partnerships. Oxford: Oxford University Press.
- Hoagwood, Kimberly Eaton Ph.D., leader The Child and Adolescent Treatment Services CATS Consortium (2007) Implementing CBT for traumatized children and adolescents after September 11: lessons learned from the Child and Adolescent Trauma Treatments and Services (CATS) Project. Journal of Clinical Child and Adolescent Psychology: 36 (4) 581–92.
- National Center for Social Work Trauma Education and Workforce Development
Preparing the next generation of trauma-informed social workers from schools of social work across the nation by use of a state of the art Core Curriculum on Child Trauma, new interactive ways of learning and actual preparation to use evidence based child trauma treatment with supervision provided by field instructors proficient in the same method.
- Bridges Youth Empowerment Program
Trauma informed program addresses multiple health risks in youth transitioning from middle school to high school
Community Partner: Union Settlement Association