- PhD, New York University, School of Social Work
- MSW, Adelphi University School of Social Work
Areas of Expertise
- Intimate Partner Abuse
- Trauma/Community Violence
- Mental Health/Clinical Practice
- Application of Psychodynamic Theories in Clinical Practice with Diverse Client Populations
- Clinical Practice with Men and Adolescent Males
- Practice Lab
- Clinical Practice with Individuals and Families
- Human Behavior in the Social Environment I & II
- Aymer, S.R. (2010). A case for including the "Lived Experience in African American men in batterer's treatment. Journal of African American Studies. 3, 352-366.
- Aymer, S. R. (2010). Beyond invisibility: Psychosocial reflections on how President Obama's Image can Affect young African American Males. Journal of Human Behavior in the Social Environment. 20, 827-837.
- Aymer, S. R. (2010). The case of Edward: exploration of intraracial dynamics and internalized oppression in the context of clinical practice. Families in Society: The Journal of Contemporary Social Services, 91, 287-292.
- Aymer, S.R. (2010). Clinical practice with African American men: What to do and what to consider. Smith College Studies in Social Work, 80:20-34.
- Aymer, S. R. (2009). Intimate partner abuse: A case study involving a father and a son. Clinical Case Studies, 9, 3-17.