- PhD, University of Pennsylvania
- MS, University of Pennsylvania
- MFT, Medical College of Pennsylvania
Areas of Expertise
- Intimate Partner Violence
- Pervention for Males at Risk of Violence
- Domestic Violence Prevention and Intervention
- Batterers Intervention
- Mental Health
- Human Behavior in the Social Environment
- Social Work Research
- Cavanaugh, M.M., & Gelles, R.J. (in press). Intimate violence and abuse in families. (4th ed.). New York: Oxford University Press.
- Cavanaugh, M.M., Solomon, P., & Gelles, R.J. (2011). The Dialectical Psychoeducational Workshop (DPEW) for males at risk for IPV: A pilot randomized controlled trial. Journal of Experimental Criminology, 7(3), 275-291.
- Cavanaugh, M.M., Solomon, P., & Gelles, R.J. (2011). The Dialectical Psychoeducational Workshop (DPEW): The conceptual framework and curriculum for a preventative intervention for males at risk for IPV. Violence Against Women, 17(5), 1-20.
- Solomon, P., Cavanaugh, M.M., & Draine, J. (2009). Randomized Controlled Trials: Design and Implementation for Community-Based Psychosocial Interventions. New York: Oxford University Press.
- Loseke, D.R., Gelles, R.J., & Cavanaugh, M.M. (Eds.). (2005). Current controversies on family violence. (2nd ed.). Thousand Oaks, CA: Sage.