- Ed.D, Harvard University
- MSW, Boston Unversity
Areas of Expertise
- Puerto Ricans/Latinos in Higher (Social Work) Education
- School Social Work/School Reform
- Cultural Competence training in Child Welfare
- Prisoner Re-entry
- Ways of Knowing: Perspectives on Schools and Schooling
- Social Work Research
- Professional Seminar
- De Jesús, A. (2012) Authentic Caring and Community Driven School Reform:
The Case of El Puente Academy for Peace and Justice. In Hantzopoulos, M. & Tyner, A. (Eds.) Critical Small Schools in New York City: Beyond Privatization in Public Urban Educational Reform. Charlotte, N.C. Information Age Publishing.
- De Jesús, A. (2011) Abriendo Caminos: An Analysis of Three Social Work Pathways for
Low Wage Puerto Ricans. Centro: The Journal of Puerto Rican Studies. 23(2): 136-155.
- De Jesús, A. (2011) I have endeavored to seize the beautiful opportunity for learning
offered here: Pedro Albizu Campos at Harvard a Century Ago. Latino Studies. 9(4), 1–13.
- De Jesús, A. & Pérez, M. (2009) From Community Control to Consent Decree: Puerto Ricans
Organizing for Education and Language Rights in NYC. Centro: The Journal of Puerto Rican Studies. 21(2): 7-31.
- De Jesús, A. & Antrop-González, R. (2006) Instrumental Relationships and High Expectations: Exploring Critical Care in Two Latino Community Based Schools: Journal of Intercultural Education. 17(3):281-299.
- Principal Investigator, The Post-Secondary Journeys of New York’s Latino Students; Dominican Studies Institute, City College of New York (CUNY).
- Principal Investigator, Qualitative Evaluation of a Racial Equity and Cultural Competency Training Model. New York City Administration for Children’s Services, Racial Equity and Cultural Competency Committee.
- Principal Investigator, Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration; Services in Supported Housing; Evaluation of Prevention and Reduction of Chronic Homelessness among Formerly Incarcerated Women. Greenhope Services for Women.
- Co-Principal Investigator (with Jonathan Prince and George Patterson), Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration; Outpatient Mental Health Services for Formerly Incarcerated Women Program. Greenhope Services for Women.
- Contributing Investigator, Ford Foundation/Centro de Estudios Puertorriqueños, Hunter College. Pathways to Economic Opportunity: Puerto Ricans in Low-Wage Jobs and Workforce Development.