- PhD, Columbia University
- MS, Columbia University School of Social Work
Areas of Expertise
- Practive-Research Intergration
- Research Utilization
- Clinical Data-Mining (CDM)
- Dodd, S.J. and Epstein, I.(2012) Practice-based research in social work: A guide for reluctant researchers. London. Routledge.
- Giles, R., Epstein, I. and Vertigan, A. (Eds.), (2011) Clinical data-mining in an allied health organization: A real world experience. Sydney. University of Sydney Press.
- Epstein, I. (2010) Clinical data-mining: Integrating practice and research. New York, N.Y.: Oxford University Press.
- Peake, K., Epstein, I. and Medeiros, D. (Eds.), (2005) Clinical and research uses of an adolescent intake questionnaire: What kids need to talk about. Binghampton, N.Y.:Haworth Press.
- Epstein, I. and Blumenfield, S. (Eds.), (2001) Clinical data-mining in practice-based research: Social work in hospital settings. Binghampton, N.Y.:Haworth Press.
- Training Workshops to Hong Kong Hospital Authority Social Workers
In October 2012, I will be offering training workshops to Hong Kong Hospital Authority Social Workers in Practice-based Research and Clinical Data-Mining and research-capacity building in Hong Kong hospitals. In addition, I will be lecturing on the knowledge generated by CDM at the University of Hong Kong and consulting with PhD students employing this method. In 2013, I will be doing the same for the Hospital Authority of Singapore.
- Clinical Data-Mining with Pediatric Transplant Social Workers
Closer to home, I will be conducting a CDM project with with pediatric transplant social workers at Mt. Sinai Hospital and offering an on-going practice-based research training seminar for Mt Sinai staff and participants in Mt. Sinai's International Leadership and Enhancement and Exchange Program. That program brings senior social workers in health and mental health from Australia, Hong Kong, Israel, New Zealand and Singapore to the United States to develop their leadership, managerial and research capacities.