- PhD, Smith College School for Social Work
- MSW, University of California, Berkeley
Areas of Expertise
- Supportive Intervention for Caregivers
- Social Work Practice with Latinos
- Use of Technology in Pedagogy
- Human Behavior in the Social Environment
- Clinical Practice with Individuals and Families I
- Clinical Practice with Individuals and Families II
- Social Work Practice Lab
Rosenthal Gelman, C., Faul, A. & Yankeelov, P. (2012). Ethics in research with minority older adults: Challenges encountered, solutions enacted, and implications for future work. Journal of Applied Gerontology.
Rosenthal Gelman, C. (2012). Transformative learning: MSW students’ reactions to and experiences in gerontological field placements. Educational Gerontology, 38(1), 56-69.
Rosenthal Gelman, C. (2011). Field instructors' perspectives on foundation year MSW students' pre-placement anxiety. Journal of Teaching in Social Work, 31(1), 1-18.
Rosenthal Gelman, C., & Greer, C. (2011). Children of persons with Early-onset Alzheimer’s disease: Research gaps and emerging service needs. American Journal of Alzheimer’s Disease and Other Dementias, 26, 29-35.*
Rosenthal Gelman, C. (2010). “La lucha”: The experience of Latino family caregivers of patients with Alzheimer’s disease. Clinical Gerontologist, 33(3), 181-193.
*Co-authored with doctoral student