- PhD, New York University
- MSW, Columbia University
- BA, Princeton University
Areas of Expertise
- Management of Public & Nonprofit Organizations
- Occupational Social Work Policy and Practice
- Ethical and Risk-Management Issues in Professional Practice
- Employee Assistance Program Effectiveness
- Impact of Licensing on Social Workers and Social Agencies
- Social Policy
- Organizational Theory & Administration
- World of Work
- Kurzman, Paul A. (2012). Workplace Ethics: Issues for Human Service Professionals in the New Millennium. Encyclopedia of Applied Ethics. 2nd edition.. Oxford, UK: Elsevier Press.
- Kurzman, Paul A. & Maiden, R. P. (Eds.). (2010). Union Contributions to Labor Welfare Policy and Practice.New York: Routledge.
- Kurzman, Paul A. (2010). A Path Well Taken: Social Work in Occupational Settings. Reflections: Narratives of Professional Helping. Vol. 16, No. 2.
- Kurzman, Paul A. (2009). Labor-Social Work Collaboration: Current and Historical Perspectives. Journal of Workplace Behavioral Health. Vol. 24, No. 1.
- Kurzman, Paul A. (2008). Occupational Social Work. Encyclopedia of Social Work. 20th edition. New York: Oxford University Press.
- Kurzman, Paul A. (2006). Managing Liability and Risk in Nonprofit Settings, Chapter 13. In Effectively Managing Nonprofit Organizations. (Washington: NASW Press.)
- Kurzman, Paul A., Akabas, Sheila H. (2005). Work and the Workplace: A Resource for Innovative Policy and Practice. New York: Columbia University Press.