- PhD, University of Michigan, Organizational Psychology and Social Work
- MSW, State University of New York at Stony Brook
- MA, Duquesne University, Psychology
Areas of Expertise
- Leadership and Management of Mission-based and Civil Society Organizations
- Social Enterprise, Social Entrepreneurship, and Social Innovation
- Social Sector Planning and Development
- Community and Economic Development
- Social Movement Studies
- Ways of Knowing – Human Service Organizations
- Ways of Knowing – Mental Health
- A study on social value evaluation and diffusion for community innovation. Suntory Foundation (Japan) (PI: Atsuko Hattori).
- National Institutes of Health. Building Organizational Competency in the Workplace among Peer Staff, R34 application. (2011)
- Creating Social Value through Business and Social Cross Sector Enterprises (CO-PI with Atsuko Hattori and Hiro Tarumi) Center for Global Partnership (Japan Foundation)/DSIA, Japan.
- Creating Capacity among Peer Providers to Activate Strategies that Promote Workplace Inclusion (Co-PI with Lauren Gates). Center to Study Recovery in Social Contexts, Nathan Kline Institute.