- PhD, SUNY University at Buffalo
- MS, Columbia University School of Social Work
Areas of Expertise
- Police Social Work
- Criminal Justice
- Stress and Coping Among Police Officers and Recruits
- Research Methods
- Ways of Knowing: Criminal Justice
- Program Social Welfare Policy
- Patterson, G. T. (in press). Prisoner reentry: A public health or public safety issue for social work practice? Social Work in Public Health.
- Patterson, G. T. (2012). Police social work. Oxford Bibliographies in Social Work. New York: Oxford University Press,
- Patterson, G. T. (2010). A composite review of social work research textbooks. Journal of Teaching in Social Work, 30, 237-246.
- Patterson, G. T. (2009). Mental stress and workers' compensation claims among police officers. Journal of Workplace Rights, 14(4), 441-455.
- Patterson, G. T. (2009). An examination of evidenced-based practice interventions for public emergencies. Journal of Evidence-Based Social Work, 6, 274-287.