Resources from the States
- Arkansas: Arkansas Family Support Providers in a System of Care Training Manuals
These training manuals were developed by the Arkansas Federation of Families for Children’s Mental Health, ACTION for Kids, and Arkansas Family and Youth Assistance Network, in partnership with youth and families. The manuals were developed so that System of Care sites for Arkansas could utilize this resource to train and orient individuals providing support to families of children with behavioral health challenges. They information that may be useful to those working in other locations, as well.
- Family Manual: The information and examples in the manual are intended to be used as technical assistance tools for individuals who perform the variety of functions which are involved in supporting families.
- Youth Manual: The information and examples in the manual are intended to be used as technical assistance tools for individuals who perform the variety of functions which are involved in supporting children and youth who are engaged in navigating multiple complex systems. The skills described are useful to help children and youth meet their behavioral health goals and remain in their homes as they function at their optimal level in their natural communities.
Teleconferences, Webcasts, and Webinars
- Understanding Systems and Organizational Change
This webinar highlights the impact of the Systems of Care initiative on building interagency collaboration among child welfare and other child- and family-serving agencies, and in integrating a system of care principle-guided approach into child welfare agencies’ policies, procedures, and practices. (June 16, 2010)
- Developing the Infrastructure for a System of Care
Webinar presenters discuss the process of developing an infrastructure to support the implementation and sustainability of a system of care. (July 29, 2010)
- Meaningful Family Involvement: Beyond the Case Plan
This presentation explores the transformative role of family involvement in the Child Welfare Systems of Care initiative. Discussants share the ways in which the demonstration initiative facilitated the development of parent leadership and the integration of family voices in agency policies, procedures, and practices. (September 22, 2010)
NRCPFC Digital Stories
- NRCPFC Digital Stories from the Field-- Systems of Care
These digital stories developed by the NRCPFC represent the voices of community members who have been directly impacted by System of Care through Multnomah Education Service District and Wraparound Oregon: Early Childhood. Supported by Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA), Systems of Care is a model that coordinates a network of community-based services and supports that are organized to meet the challenges of children and youth with social, emotional and behavioral health needs and their families.
- The Art of Wraparound in the Child Welfare Environment
This presentation from a webinar by the National Wraparound Initiative included an overview of how to balance wraparound systems of care and traditional child welfare practice. Topics covered included: Understanding cultures that affect the system; key factors/strategies for communicating and collaborating with stakeholders; and, ways to develop clear roles, definitions, and expectations for wraparound team members and community partners. (January 2011)