FACULTY & STAFF
In order to accommodate our students with disabilities, we’d like you to be aware of the following:
Please be sure to include the statement below in your syllabus. You should call attention to it on the first day of class.
ACCOMMODATIONS FOR STUDENTS WITH DISABILITIES
In compliance with the ADA and with Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act, Hunter College is committed to ensuring educational access and accommodations for all its registered students. Hunter College’s students with disabilities and medical conditions are encouraged to register with the Office of AccessABILITY for assistance and accommodation. For information and appointment contact the Office of AccessABILITY located in Room E1214 or call
(212) 772-4857 /or TTY (212) 650-3230.
- Upon students’ disclosure of their need for accommodations due to a disabling condition, (physical or otherwise), you should inform the student of the services provided through the Office of AccessABILITY and advice them to stop by the office to see a counselor. Failure to advise students regarding this service may result in delay in accommodations, student academic failure and legal implications.
- The Office of AccessABILITY provides accommodations based on students’ disability and need. Please do not attempt to provide accommodations without consulting with the office.
- To confirm accommodations and registration status of your students with this office, please ask for students’ Accommodation Card which holds the listing of any accommodations to which they are entitled. You may also contact the office directly at 212-772-4857 to consult with a counselor.
- Please do not ask the student to identify their disabilities/ medical conditions to you. Do not ask for medial documentations and do not make any comments or statements about their disability. Please refer the student to the Office of AccessABILITY and follow up with an email or call should you need further information or confirmation from the office.