The mission of our club is to advocate for and support students who have visible and invisible challenges, and build a community around the goal of retention and graduation. Our Club will provide awareness of every day challenges experienced by our students through educational and social events, fundraising and support groups.
Our club spreads awareness about a variety of disabilities through exciting initiatives and events such as film festivals, celebrations, art shows and cultural events, and works closely with CUNY Coalition for Students with Disabilities (CCSD), to address student concerns in regards to accessibility across CUNY.
2014-2015 Club Officers:
- President: Alex Zarin Zarinalexmzarin@gmail.com
- Vice President: Kendell Doyle Kendell.Doyle03@myhunter.cuny.edu
- Treasurer: Tim McGraith email@example.com
- Secretary: Kenny Zeng KennyZeng11220@gmail.com
Events & Activities:
- Biweekly PossAbilities Club Meeting
- Lobby Trip to Albany with CUNY Coalition on Students with Disabilities (CCSD)
- Disability Awareness Month Event Organization
- Health and wellness activities i.e., participation in "Color Run," event.
- Engage in fitness events for people with disabilities i.e., with Achilles and In-Tandem organizations
- Organizing Annual Film Festival awareness about disabilities
- Halloween, Thanksgiving and other Holiday festivities and celebrations
- March Reel Abilities Film Festival, in Collaboration with the School of Social Work
- CUNY wide club activities, retreats, parties and celebrations
- Performing arts events
We welcome your thoughts and ideas for enhancing services
for students with disabilities at Hunter College.
Join us to innovate, create and grow today!
Contact Ms. Karen Perlman, Advisor at firstname.lastname@example.org
Become a fan of the PossAbilities Club on FaceBook by searching: "Hunter PossAbilities."