WHAT IS AN ADVISOR?
At Hunter College, you will encounter many individuals important to your academic progress, including your Advisor in the Office of·Advising Services. To schedule an appointment with an Academic Advisor, call (212) 772-4882, or visit room 1119 in the East Building.
What will your advisor do to assist you in achieving your academic goals?
- provide current academic information
- help you learn about Hunter
- explain academic requirements clearly
- listen to you
- suggest introductory courses based on your interests
- be interested in you
- support you in the development of a plan of study
- let you make final decisions about your course of study
- encourage you
- help you resolve problems
- offer referrals to appropriate campus resources
How can you help make your advising experience productive?
- know who your·Advising Services Advisor is
- read—and re-read—available academic materials
- check your Hunter email account regularly
- keep scheduled appointments with your Advisor
- tell your Advisor about successes and problems in courses
- identify achievable academic goals
- adhere to college deadlines
- discuss academic issues before they become problems
- Ask questions. Ask! Ask! Ask!