Document Actions


Career Development Services

Who can take advantage of the services provided by the Career Development office?
Full-time, Part-time Matriculated Students and Alumni of Hunter College.

What are the services provided by the Career Development office?

  • Career Counseling
  • Internships (Current Students Only)
  • Résumé/Cover Letter Critiques
  • Job Database
  • Mock Interviews
  • Career Expos
  • On-Campus Recruitment (OCR)

Are these services available to Hunter alumni?
Yes, all the services except OCR are available to Hunter alumni for FREE!

Does the office help students/alumni find employment opportunities?
We help students develop their job search strategies, including using CareerHunter and other resources for their search.

How can I schedule an appointment?
Visit our office at Hunter East 805 or call us at (212) 772-4850.

What are the hours for the Career Development Services office?
We are open Monday to Friday from 9 AM to 5 PM during the semester.
We also have walk-in hours posted on our CONTACT US page.


Job Search

How do I find a job?
The first step is making sure you have a résumé. Then you should create your profile on CareerHunter and use other resources, such as networking. Feel free to schedule an appointment to meet with a career counselor by calling our office at (212) 772-4850.

How do I find a job working at Hunter?
The Hunter website has a link to employment opportunities at Hunter College. On- campus  jobs can also be found in CareerHunter. Some College Assistant positions are advertised at the various departments throughout campus. For employment at any CUNY school, search CUNY Jobs.

How can I apply for the CUNY 311 Call Center Position?
Stop by the CDS office at Hunter East 805 and request an application for CUNY 311. When you return your completed application, you will have a preliminary interview with Keith Okrosy. It is suggested that you schedule an appointment by calling our offices at (212) 772-4850.

How do I find a work-study job?
You must first qualify for Federal Work-study. For more information, contact the Financial Aid Office (212) 772-4820.

What is an internship?
An internship is a field work experience which provides you with the opportunity to participate in pre-professional work related to your career interests. Click here for more information.

How do I obtain an internship?
Make an appointment with Paula Wicklow, our internship coordinator, by calling (212) 772-4850 to discuss internship placement, academic credit options and assistance in the application process.


CareerHunter Job and Internship Search System

How do I access CareerHunter?
All current Hunter students were sent login information to their @MyHunter accounts. You can also use the FORGOT PASSWORD (Your username is your Hunter email).

Can I login to the Hunter Job Database with my @MyHunter information?
the default password for the Hunter Job Database is different from your  @MyHunter account.

How do I change my password?
Once you login to CareerHunter and complete your profile, select the Password/Preferences tab and change your password.

How can I apply to a job through CareerHunter?
Click on the Job title. On the right corner, there will be option to select desired résumé and enter notes. Click "SUBMIT" to apply to the position. You must have an approved résumé in order to apply.

How do I upload my résumé into CareerHunter?
Click on the DOCUMENTS tab. On the next page, click the "ADD NEW" button and select your résumé.

How long does it take for a résumé or cover letter to be approved?
Résumé/cover letters are  reviewed usually by the end of the next business day.

Contact Us

t: 212.772.4850
Room 805, East Building, 695 Park Avenue, New York, NY 10065
Walk-In Hours
Wednesday: 9:00AM-5:00PM