RESUME WRITING GUIDE
Need a resume? Want a cover letter? Feel like you should brush up on those interview skills? As a student at Hunter College, we are excited to provide you with these tools to help improve your resume.
- One-to-One Resume Critique
- Hunter College Career Development Services Resume Writing Guide
Like all Career Development Services resources, it's free to students and alumni! The access code for hunter students/alumni is Optimal1
Here is a tutorial on how to use some of the many useful features provided by Optimal Resume
Career Development Services has developed a complete Résumé Writing Guide to help you get started. Your résumé is the first step of your internship or job search. Your résumé does not get you the job, but hopefully a well-written résumé will get you the interview!
9 Simple Rules to Remember When Writing Your Résumé!
- Get organized.
- View sample résumés. Follow a format.
- Keep information clear, concise and logical.
- Use easy to read letter type.
- Résumé should be ONE page.
- Pay attention to spelling, grammar, punctuation and style.
- Proofread your résumé.
- Sell yourself. Make the résumé work for you! Stress accomplishments!!
- Have your résumé reviewed by a Counselor at Career Development Services, Room 805 East!
For a complete step by step Resume & Cover Letter Writing Guide including sample résumés, cover letters and thank you notes, download the Résume & Cover Letter Writing Guide (PDF).
Remember to have your résumé critiqued by one of our Career Counselors before you send it anywhere!