Information & Upcoming Events:
To assist in meeting immunization requirements, free MMR (Measles, Mumps, Rubella) shots may be provided to Hunter College students. Please call the Office of Health Services 212.772.4800 for specific clinic dates.
HIV & STI Testing
Community-based organizations offer rapid HIV and/or STI screening and counseling in Health Services (307 North.)
Upcoming Dates and Times:
- Wednesday, April 3 * 10:00am-5:00pm ~ HIV & STI Testing by Iris House
- Thursday, April 11 * 10:00am-5:00pm ~ HIV Testing by David Geffen Center for HIV Prevention (GMHC)
- Thursday, April 18 * 10:00am-5:00pm ~ HIV Testing by Ryan-NENA
- Monday, April 29 * 10:00am-5:00pm ~ HIV Testing by Housing Works
Health-Related Resources, Information & Programs
The Office of Health Services maintains a variety of printed materials on a broad range of health-related topics as well as resources and referral information. We also post tips, useful links, information, schedules, and updates on: www.facebook.com/hunterwellness
Get moving without working out! Join the fun in our version of recess, with schoolyard games such as Dodgeball, Wallball, Steal the Bacon, Tag, 4-Square, Hopscotch, Jump Rope, and Relay Races. ** You must have your Physical Activity Card, Hunter ID, rubber-soled shoes (sneakers) and gym clothes to participate. **
- Mondays * 1:00-2:00pm * Racquetball Courts, B4 West Building
Feeling stressed? Tired? Addicted to Facebook? Take a break from it all for a little while. Spend time with fellow students instead of technology. Some of the fun will include games, art projects, and good old-fashioned conversation!
- Tuesdays * 2:00-3:30pm * Student Lounge Outside 714 West
Facilitated Health Insurance Enrollers
Health Insurance Providers will be on campus throughout the semester to answer questions and enroll eligible students in free or low cost health insurance plans. Visit and compare the various companies.
Weekly tabling sessions generally occur every Thursday, 10:00am-3:00pm, outside the 3rd Floor West Cafeteria, during which information on various health topics is available.
March 14: Eye Bank for Sight Restoration
- Donating your eyes and other organs and tissues at death can restore sight and health to persons in need. The Eye Bank will provide information and sign students up to become donors.
March 21: Safer Spring Break
- Test your knowledge about alcohol, try safer sex skills and learn about sun safety at this fun tabling, even if you're planning a stay-cation for spring break.
Spring Health & Wellness Fair
Representatives from community-based health organizations and Hunter College departments offer screenings, information, and resources covering a broad range of health-related topics.
Stress-Free Zone: May 14-16, 11:00am-4:00pm * Sylvia E. Fishman Student Center (417 West)
Before finals, come unwind with calming music, dim lights, aromatherapy, tea and snacks, coloring, play-dough, magazine reading corner, a puzzle, stress balls and led meditation.